This is a continuation from chapter six.
God is giving Ezekiel a message to the land of Israel:
"The end has come...I will send My anger against you; I will judge you according to your ways, and I will repay you for all your abominations. My eye will not spare you, nor will I have pity...Then you shall know that I am the Lord!"
"...it has come...Doom...A day of trouble...I will soon pour out My fury...Then you shall know that I am the Lord who strikes."
"Behold, the day! The rod has blossomed, pride has budded. Violence has risen up..."
"The sword is outside, and the pestilence and famine within. Those who survive will escape...horror will cover them; shame will be on every face...Their silver and their gold will not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord..."
"Destruction comes; they will seek peace, but there shall be none. [The] law will perish from the priest, and counsel from the elders. The king will mourn, the prince will be clothed in desolation, and the hands of the common people will tremble."
"Then they shall know that I am the Lord."
COMMENTARY
The land of Israel and the nation Israel are always considered together in the Word of God.
The message God gave to Ezekiel was the final deportation of the people and the destruction of the city, Jerusalem.
It is a very serious responsibility to hear the Word of God and still turn your back on it. The more you hear, the more significant your liability is. This is how God saw His people, Israel.
Furthermore, God charged His people as pacifists. They would not defend what was right, and when the enemy arrived, they were taken captive. Thence, God used their enemy to judge them.

No comments:
Post a Comment